Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Outta the Mouths of Babes

So, I'm sitting on a park bench (but enough about that--) and this MILF and her kid sit down next to me. The kid's super cute -- and so is the mom. They're going to a megga art store, and I know this because I'm eavesdropping (yeah, like you never do that!). So... they stand up after their brief rest, and the six-year old points to some graffiti on the fence. "Why did someone do that?"

The mom says that sometimes people want to make art, and sometimes they need to leave a mark to show that they were there. The kid assays the piece and nods his head. "I bet they got a big commission for that."

MILF and I lock eyes and grin at each other over the kid's earnest head (the innate dignity of kid's is so cool).  "Yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment